Drivers play a significant role in society, ensuring that goods and services arrive at their intended destination in the safest condition. Driving jobs require commitment and extensive skills.
Driver jobs are increasing each day with an increase in manufacturing and processing companies that need raw materials and final products transported from one destination to the other.
Finding a permanent job as a driver is hectic at times if you don’t have the necessary information about where to find a job near your home. Although most companies need drivers for transportation, it’s challenging to find a job that meets all your expectations as a driver. After extensive research, below are the guidelines, qualifications, and steps you should consider to earn yourself a job.
Driving Job Description and Qualifications
The duties and responsibilities of a driver vary with the company and the type of driver. Examples of drivers include truck drivers, personal drivers, passenger drivers, and company drivers. The responsibilities are different, but all must have at least one year of driving experience.
Most employers require their drivers to have extensive experience and knowledge in the operating area. You must be in good physical condition and be able to lift approximately 70 pounds. Drivers must also have clear eyesight, time management skills, and excellent organizational skills.
Drivers are entrusted with expensive and priceless goods; thus, they must be trustworthy and have a clean driving record. You must meet all the qualifications expected by the employer, including your age and other miscellaneous qualifications.
Key Steps to Finding a Driving Job
- Meet all the qualifications to be a driver, including having an education, physical strength, and an active driver’s license.
- Update your resume, advertising your skills and experience.
- Seek information from other professionals on various potential employers and the salary being offered.
- Drop your resume in various companies near your home.
- Go for various shows and seminars to establish driving opportunities being offered by companies.
- Determine the expected salary. The average pay for a driver is approximately $52,139 per year, which varies with the company, employer, and your responsibilities.
Where to Find Driving Jobs
Below are sites that provide a wide range of options where you can find driving jobs that meet all your expectations and are close to your home.
- Indeed.com – Many companies post their job opportunities through this website. There are also millions of listings from other websites. It contains a list from job boards, newspaper classifieds, and career sites. Sign up to receive job alerts. Also, upload a sample of your resume to advertise your skills and experience in the driving career.
- Monster.com – Through this website, you can upload your resume, view the profiles of various companies, as well as get the salary information. This site makes it possible to get career advice from other professionals and select the company that meets your driving job interests.
- LinkedIn.com – It provides a list of driving jobs supplied by various companies, their requirements, and qualifications.
Finding a driving job near your home does not have to be so stressful anymore since the above information is the key to obtaining your ideal job. You must be hardworking, time-conscious, trustworthy, and pass the state test to determine your driving capability.
Also read – How To Become A UPS Delivery Driver